Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Luck is an Attitude


Luck IS an attitude and I am trying to face my life with it.

And given that it's quite a difficult time what with the residency and all,

and man do I love surgery,

and my heart keeps beating faster and faster to the rhythm of 130 bpm it actually hit when I was on call,

and despite fighting against it with all my might I have reached the point where I like being at work with my colleagues and I find the on call room "warm" and my bed covers "cozy" and I stay past my shift "just beacause",

and my attending is cool enough to promise to teach me to operate and then push me harder and harder and demand from me that I cross the limits to get what I want,

and I managed to stay on call through New Year's eve and survive without calling the attending on call,

and I got up at 5 am today to run to the hospital and cover for a fellow colleague who had to travel in the ambulance,

and I travel back and forth from home just to see my friends and loving boyfriend,

and we booked a trip to Rome for a romantic getaway in the end of January, a dream come true,

and I have all my hopes up for 2012 being a GREAT year, a milestone in my life,

and I try to stay sane in doing the things I love,

and this year I can actually say that

despite the government's crap of a job

despite the recession and all the problems we are facing,

despite the moving, the fighting, all the changes in my life,

I can actually say:

I KEPT MY NEW YEAR'S RESOLUTIONS OF 2011

and it feels good.

So this year,

with a spring in my step,

I'll make a few more:

New Year's Resolutions - 2012

1. Get Happily and Ever After-ly Married

2. Become One Hell of a Surgeon

3. Love more, Show it more, Practice it more

4. GET SUPER THIN- because I'm worth it

5. Travel to a different Continent (Mexico, maybe?)

6. Always have a Job

7. Be Healthy and Happy

8. Cook with a Spice

9. Study Vogue with my Friends in an Ice Cream coffee shop

and

10. Keep a LUCKY Attitude towards Life.

My life, my family's life, the life of my boyfriend and me together, my friends' life, the life of the Greek people.

So I pronounce this year's song to be:

"Oh Johnny" by the Andrews Sisters

Luck is an Attitude,

so this year,

I'm going to go for it

All the best to all of you,

health and happiness around the world for everyone.

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!

2 comments:

The Angry Medic said...

"and despite fighting against it with all my might I have reached the point where I like being at work with my colleagues and I find the on call room "warm" and my bed covers "cozy" and I stay past my shift "just beacause""

Oh no. You've-- you've turned into a SURGEON!!

Haha I kid. I'm envious. I wish I was that sort of surgeon. And I wish I kept all my resolutions too, I wanna be thin. Lucky I'm so ridiculously attractive no matter how fat I get. COUGH.

Also, OMG YOU'RE STILL BLOGGING! It is SO good to still have friends in the blogging world! I feel so lonely seeing all the old blogs have died out (like mine did for a while)...

I'll be back!

Ms-Ellisa said...

Hey Angry,
glad to see you are back too.
Maybe I should add another resolution for 2012:

"don't become a workaholic" haha